Google releases OTA update for Chrome OS, Cr-48 owners can upgrade now and the update brings bug fixes, Flash 10.2.158.22, a file manager context menu and some spiffy new icons and avatars to its browser-based UI…………..
Google has updated its Chome OS Beta channel to the R12 release, adding version 12 of the Chrome browser plus several security and stability enhancements, improvements to Chrome OS include a new Flash player, trackpad and sensitivity adjustments, along with improvements to GSM support. Additional features include power and GTalk/video chat optimisation, a new file browser and a shiny new look and also Chrome team has also improved debugging, the auto-update engine and on-screen indicators such as brightness, network status and update icon. The release includes version 12 of the Chrome browser, also in beta, which features hardware-accelerated 3D CSS, the ability to launch Apps by name from the Omnibox and to delete Flash cookies from inside the browser and improved screen reader support. The version will now be further tested in beta for a couple of weeks before it becomes the first version of Chrome OS to go stable.
Chrome OS-specific features:
- File browser
- Shiny new look
- Improvements to GSM support
- Verizon activation improvements
- New Flash player
- Feedback link is now under the wrench menu (“Report an issue”)
- 3G connection to the carrier fixes
- Wi-Fi connectivity/Out of the Box fixes
- New trackpad and sensitivity setting adjusted
- Auto update engine and debugging improvements
- Power optimizations
- GTalk video/chat optimizations
- Improved on screen indicators: brightness, network status, update icon