You’ve been drooling over the Notion Ink Adam for quite some time now and perhaps losing sleep refreshing its blog page every few seconds.Now Notion Ink Adam Tablet is avaiable for pre-order……
The Notion Ink Adam tablet has finally been unveiled. The Adam tablet according to Notion Ink will officially become available for pre-order.The final version of the Adam tablet measures 191 x 269 x (about) 14 mm and features a 10.1-inch LCD or Pixel Qi display (1024 x 600 resolution), a Nvidia Tegra 2 processor, 1GB of RAM, 1GB of SLC flash and 8GB of storage space, a microSD card slot, a 3.2 megapixel swivel camera, GPS, a 3-axis accelerometer, a digital compass, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, optional 3G, and a 3-cell battery.
Notion Ink Adam Tablet Comes With :
- OpenGL works better on NVidia’s Tegra than on anything else in this space – because of their expertise on graphics, their implementation on the built-in GPU of the Tegra 250 SoC is exhaustive and highly accelerated. OpenSL support is something which will come as an update soon (we love Open SL because we love graphical visualizations for audio which need really fast Fast Fourier Transforms)
- SIP/VOIP. Implementations of SIP and VOIP already exist. With the newly announced official support, programmers can port much more confidently to the Adam.
- Multi-touch keyboard. When we were working on Office Application, we realised how important “Ctrl+z” was, and then decided to design a multi-touch keyboard. Well it seems it is also coming on Android 2.3 and 3.0. Adam comes 2 special keyboard designs, both of which are multi-touch enabled.The other version is a split keyboard which you can use when you are holding your device with both your hands.
- Better Copy, cut and paste. Now, this already existed since long in the Office environment, and the native implementation is also there.
- Android 2.3 comes with Kernel version 2.6.35. The latest which NVidia Tegra works with is 2.6.36!
- Honeycomb: In layman’s term “Support of Views within views”.The Panel system allows for 100s of panel instances, which are views within views (in further simpler words independent windows on-screen). When you’ll install any native application, you will get the feel and UI of the new Android. Memory management is something we have spoken about earlier, and was expected in 3.0 as well.
- $375.33 (LCD screen + Wi-Fi only)
- $425.33 (LCD screen + Wi-Fi + 3G)
- $499.45 (Pixel Qi screen + Wi-Fi only)
- $549.99 (Pixel Qi screen + Wi-Fi + 3G)